You're reading...
XML Publisher Report

Troubleshooting XML publisher reports

CASE1:

While we run an XML publisher report while testing, sometimes we see that the expected output in PDF/EXCEL format has not generated while the report completed with warning and also the XML got generated properly. Log file message is as given below:

LOG FILE message:

————–

+------------- 1) PUBLISH -------------+ Beginning post-processing of request 32749775 on node FIJICRP1APP01 at 13-MAR-2012 03:13:15. Post-processing of request 32749775 failed at 13-MAR-2012 03:33:16 with the error message: The Output Post-processor is running but has not picked up this request. No further attempts will be made to post-process this request, and the request will be marked with Warning status. Setting the profile option Concurrent: OPP Response Timeout to a higher value may be necessary. +--------------------------------------+

Basically the Post-processor is not picking up the report generated XML for converting that to PDF. For fixing this we need to increase the number of the output Post Processor by following below steps:

Increase the number of Output Post Processors as follows:

• Logon to Applications with “System Administrator” responsibility.
  • Navigate to Concurrent -> Manager -> Define.
  • Query for the “Output Post Processor” service.
  • Click on “Work Shifts” and increase the number of processes.
    For example: If there is currently a setting of 2 processes then increase it to 4.

Note: Ensure there is a setting of: oracle.apps.fnd.cp.opp.OPPServiceThread:2:0:max_threads=5 under Parameters.

Also better if you increase the Post processor timeout time from the profile option

Increase the value of the profile option “Concurrent: OPP Process Timeout” as follows:

• Logon to Applications with “System Administrator” responsibility.
  • Navigate to Profile -> System.
  • Query for “Concurrent:OPP Response Timeout” profile option.
    For example: If the value of the Concurrent:OPP Response Timeout profile option is 120 then increase it to 10800.

Query for “Concurrent:OPP Process Timeout” profile option.
    Increase the setting to a higher value:
    Set the value to 10800
    sec (3 hours)

You should get your report output in PDF format now and report status should be completed successfully.

———-

CASE2:

Sometimes I have seen cases where the report is completed successfully but still the output is coming in XML format not in the PDF format. It happens specially, if you are in the process of upgrading an 11i report to R12 version. Here is the solution for that.

While submitting the concurrent program from SRS, check the LAYOUT > Options check if it is as below or not:

Format column value should be PDF as shown above. If it is not, then that is the reason for the problem. To fix this, go to ‘XML Publisher Administrator’ responsibility and query for that template.

Update the’ Default Output Type’ for that template to ‘PDF’.

This should solve the problem.

About these ads

About Mohua

An Oracle consultant for over a decade, wife of a nut case, and mother of one of the naughtiest kid in the world.

Discussion

10 thoughts on “Troubleshooting XML publisher reports

1. Hello from latin america ,

I commented that I’ve been crazy looking for a solution as I realizao several steps to create a custom report but I still throw out XML format.

What we try to take a report was generated and change and load xml template but for him as he throws the same data in xml.

The oracle version is r12

occurs to them that more can be?
    thanks!

Posted by Carlos | July 13, 2012, 1:57 am
    • Hi Varlos,

It’s nice to hear from Latin America. Are you saying that you are getting XML data as the report output even though you have attached a template?

Regards,
      Abhijit

Posted by Abhijit Ray | July 14, 2012, 1:27 am
      • Hello ABHIJIT

I have the problem indicated in case 1 of this guide, apply the steps but still the output still shows me a warning …I thought I could be the xml but use one that already exists in the module and modify it .. to run the report I had the same problem, what else could be or not to accept xml customize?

Saludos ABHIJIT y gracias por tu respuesta , esta muy buena su pagina !!

Posted by Carlos | August 1, 2012, 12:32 am
  2. ABHIJIT Hello, how are you

After several months I found the error warning my report, and this is related to the version of Publisher you install on your computer and you add a word as I download the latest version and so my program I associated the template and ended with warning.

This would be my experience in case someone else the same thing will happen

The version that uses 10.1.3.4.1 is the Oracle BI Publisher for word, with Oracle Applications: 12.1.1

Greetings and I hope this information will serve

Posted by Carlos | December 4, 2012, 10:09 pm
  3. Hi,

I am having the issue mentioned as in the case one. The best thing is that the issue is only for particular parameters. That means the report is getting generated correctly for most of the parameters. But for particular parameters the PDF is not getting generated. Do you have any idea on this kind of issue.? Will it be any issue with the template file.?

Looking forward for a reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Charls

Posted by Charls | December 18, 2012, 7:10 pm
  4. Hi,
    I have an issue with xml publisher report.the output format is still an xml even after creating templates and data definitions.I am using 11i instance.please pour your thoughts in this.

Thanks,
    Karthick

Posted by karthik | March 19, 2013, 4:19 pm
  5. Hi,

Thanks,
    Karthick

Posted by karthik | March 19, 2013, 4:20 pm
  6. Hello Abhijit,

Could you please let us know where we need to set below thing

Posted by Rohini | August 7, 2013, 2:30 pm
  7. I have this issue since several days, i found in my log this error “APPLCSF system property is not set, unable to create lock file” but i have set my env APPLCSF variable. Can anyone help me?

Posted by frank | December 8, 2013, 2:28 pm